Keyword: Charlie Hebdo
The trial of 14 people accused of complicity in the January 2015 attack on the offices of Charlie Hebdo magazine and which was due to end on November 13th has been suspended after one of the principal suspects, Ali Riza Polat, tested positive for Covid-19.
Turkish state media have announced that the country's prosecution services have opened an investigation after the publication of a cartoon in this week's edition of satirical French magazine Charlie Hebdo magazine depicting Turkey's President Recep Tayyip Erdogan holding a beer can and lifting a veiled woman's dress with the caption, 'In private he's very funny'.
Regional French newspaper La Nouvelle République announced it had filed a formal complaint after its republishing last weekend of cartoons from Charlie Hebdo magazine of Prophet Mohammed prompted threats against it on social media.
French prosecutors said a Pakistani national detained after an attack on two people with a meat cleaver last Friday outside the former Paris premises of Charlie Hebdo is aged 25 and not 18 as he first claimed, and that he told investigators he went to the location, believing it to be still the site of the magazine, to attack staff and set fire to their offices in retaliation for the re-publication of cartoons depicting Islam's Prophet Mohammed.
An 18-year-old of Pakistani origin arrested on suspicion of carrying out an attack with a meat cleaver on Friday against a man and a woman outside the former premises of Charlie Hebdo magazine said he mistakenly believed they were journalists from the magazine, according to judicial sources, and acted in revenge for its republication of cartoons depicting the Prophet Mohammed ahead of the trial opened this month of alleged accomplices of the jihadists who carried out the January 2015 shooting massacre in and outside the offices that left 12 dead.
Following a stabbing attack on Friday against a man and a woman outside the former Paris offices of Charlie Hebdo magazine where 12 people were gunned down by terrorists in January 2015, French police have arrested seven people, including the suspected perpetrator, described as an 18-year-old Pakistani national.
Two men have been arrested after at least two people suffered knife wounds in an attack outside the former Paris offices of Charlie Hebdo magazine where, in January 2015, 12 people were shot dead in a terrorist attack for which 14 people are currently on trial on charges of helping the jihadists.
Marika Bret said police bodyguards gave her ten minutes to leave her home and move into hiding because of the seriousness of threats to her, which came as the trial opened earlier this month of alleged accomplices of the January 2015 terrorist massacres at the Charlie Hebdo offices and a Jewish food store.
The trial in Paris of 14 people accused of complicity in the separate January 2015 terrorist attacks in the French capital against Charlie Hebdo magazine, a kosher store, and a policewoman, which left 17 victims dead, opened on Wednesday. Absent from the hearings are three defendants whose fate or eventual whereabouts is unknown. In this second of a two-part report, Matthieu Suc details the story of how the three got away, and the evidence that at least one of them is alive and hiding from justice in the Middle East.
The trial of 14 people accused of complicity in the separate January 2015 terrorist attacks in and around the Paris offices of Charlie Hebdo magazine, against a Jewish food store, and a policewoman, opened in the French capital on Wednesday. The three perpetrators, who murdered a total of 17 people, were themselves shot dead by police. Absent from the hearings are three defendants whose fate or eventual whereabouts is unknown, while others have slipped through the net of the investigations. In this first of a two-part report, Matthieu Suc details the background and chronology of events leading to this marathon trial due to end in November.
The marathon trial of 14 people accused of being accomplices to the terrorist killings of 17 people in separate attacks in early January 2015 on the offices of Charlie Hebdo magazine and a Jewish food store, and the shooting of a policewoman, opened in Paris on Wednesday and is due to run into November.
French satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo, whose staff were targeted in a January 2015 shooting massacre which left 12 dead, has announced its edition to be published Wednesday, when 14 people accused of being accomplices to the attack are to stand trial in Paris, will contain a reprint of the cartoons of Prophet Mohammed that were cited as the motive for the terrorists.
A total of 14 defendents are to stand trial in Paris beginning next Wednesday on charges related to the murderous January 2015 terrorist shooting attacks in and around the offices of Charlie Hebdo magazine, at a kosher supermarket and upon a police officer which together claimed the lives of 17 victims.
The shooting massacre carried out by jihadist terrorists in their attack on the Paris offices of Charlie Hebdo in January 2015 left 12 people dead, including most of the satirical magazine’s cartoonists. Luz was one of those who escaped the attack, by chance because he arrived late for an editorial meeting. After producing an illustrated book about the events, he has published a cartoon work, Indélébiles (Indelibles), in which he pays tribute to his dead colleagues by celebrating, across more than 300 pages of sketches, their lives and work together. In this first of a series in which members of Mediapart’s editorial team recommend their choice reading for the summer, Dan Israel sets out how Luz has succeeded in producing a lively, joyous, radiant and moving homage to his indelible friends.