France says two citizens missing since London attack

On visit to London foreign minister Jean-Yves Le Drian also confirmed one French citizen died in the attack and eight had been injured.

This article is freely available. Check out our subscription offers. Subscribe

Two French citizens have been missing since Saturday night's attack in London, foreign minister Jean-Yves Le Drian said on Monday during a visit to the French embassy in the British capital, reports Reuters.

Le Drian confirmed that one French citizen died in the attack and said eight French had been injured, four of whom are in a serious condition. The four others suffered less serious injuries and two of them are not in hospital anymore, he told reporters.

Le Drian said cooperation between France and Britain on security issues was strong and would not suffer from Britain's vote to leave the European Union.

"The relationship between our intelligence services is exemplary, there is no reason that this would change," he said.

Read more of this report from Reuters.

Extend your reading on Mediapart Unlimited access to the Journal free contribution in the Club Subscribe