Paris attack suspect says he planned to burn Charlie Hebdo offices

By

French prosecutors said a Pakistani national detained after an attack on two people with a meat cleaver last Friday outside the former Paris premises of Charlie Hebdo is aged 25 and not 18 as he first claimed, and that he told investigators he went to the location, believing it to be still the site of the magazine, to attack staff and set fire to their offices in retaliation for the re-publication of cartoons depicting Islam's Prophet Mohammed.

Reading articles is for subscribers only. Subscribe now.

The main suspect in a knife attack outside the former Charlie Hebdo premises in Paris last week is to be charged with attempted murder and terrorist criminal association.