France's Covid-19 tracing app fails to engage as 500,000 delete it

Since its launch, 68 people have informed the platform they had been infected and only 14 users were alerted that they were now at risk because of their contacts with these people, digital affairs minister Cedric O said.

Reading articles is for subscribers only. Subscribe now.

France's much-heralded new phone app for tracking coronavirus cases has only alerted 14 people that they were at risk of infection since its launch three weeks ago, the digital affairs minister said Tuesday, while almost half a million chose to uninstall the app, reports FRANCE 24.